When choosing a school, it is essential to pay attention to the factors that can influence your degree, your knowledge, and your performance. Well, what factors should be considered?
First, it is important to make sure a college or university is reputable, then, you should have a look at the reviews about the faculty and make sure they offer quality education.
Moreover, it is vital to make sure the diploma they offer is acknowledged among companies that offer vacancies in the required fields.
Of course, applying to a law school will definitely require much effort – all the documents, writing samples, recommendation letters, etc.
Thus, if you are not sure you can complete all the stuff perfectly, consider professional services like CustomWritings.com, where you can get an expert assistant to help you handle all the writing.
These services are usually paid, but these will pull you closer to your dream for sure.
Let’s have a look at the best universities to get PhD in Juridical Science and be able to find your dream job.
Harvard Law School
Harvard University is renowned for its Law School.
It is popular all over the world for providing high-quality education as well as its graduates are more likely to get hired even just after graduation.
When to apply?
The application period starts on April 1, 2024, and the admission decisions will be made by June 2024.
- Online application. Applicants are to provide information about themselves as well as present their ideas for their SJD studies.
- Two recommendation letters or more. These should be letters of recommendation from your academic supervisors who can present you as a responsible person and student.
- Transcript of the received degree in Law. This is needed to make sure you have already received a degree in the required field.
- SJD research proposal. The paper should be 2,500 words, and here, you are to dwell upon the significant contribution you are to present as a candidate, as well as describe how you are going to do the research and what you think are the biggest challenges you could face.
- Personal statement. Provide a 1,000-word essay that presents you as a candidate.
- Summary of LL.M. Paper (500 words to the maximum).
- Application fee.
If applicable, provide an official TOEFL report as well as a financial aid application.
Yale Law School (Yale University)
Yale Law School, on the basis of Yele University, is an institution that has earned a good reputation for years and always has hundreds of applicants who want to get a Ph.D. in Juridical Science there.
Although there are so many candidates who want to apply to Yale Law School, it is only aimed at those who have received their LL.M. from Yale Law School within the last five years.
Yet, let’s see what is required from candidates to become a part of Yale Law School and get a Doctor of Juridical Science.
When to apply?
The applications will be accepted by March 27, 2024 (5.00 p.m.), and the decision will be made by the end of April.
All the applications are accepted through a secure online system that allows every candidate to submit all the needed documents at one time.
This makes the process comfortable and fast.
- Two letters of recommendation and confirmation from committee members. The recommendations must be from a Yale Law School Professor, and the committee members must be members of the Yale Law School faculty, and one of them should be a Committee Chair. The online application system allows you to send requests electronically to these members.
- Application letter. This is the paper that should be submitted in order to tell the information about you as a candidate. Make sure you know how to complete it perfectly to deliver the key points.
- Dissertation proposal. Tell what you plan to research in your dissertation.
In addition, you are to provide the following documents: Yale Law School LL.M. transcript, your Resume/CV, and a writing sample.
New York University School of Law
The closing candidate is the New York University School of Law, which offers not only their students to apply to the SJD program but also those who hold an accredited advanced law degree from any other US or foreign law school.
When to apply?
If you want to apply for the program, you should better hurry up as the final application date is coming on February 1, 2024.
All the documents must be attached electronically.
- JSD sample research paper. A candidate may submit a previously written paper as well as a paper specifically written for the application.
- Study proposal. This paper should be no more than 3,000 words and disclose the issue one is going to research in their doctoral study.
- English Language Proficiency Test. As candidates from different countries are able to apply to the program, they have to pass a language test to show their level of knowledge.
- Recommendations that meet Law School Admission Council requirements.
- Personal statement/Resume.
Choosing the right school could be real trouble, but when you know what you need, the process becomes easier and more pleasant.
If you want to get your Ph.D. in Juridical Science, consider these three alternatives and stay assured you have applied the best option available today.